To practice real estate sales in Arizona, you must first obtain an Arizona real estate license. Arizona real estate licenses are governed by the Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE).
Arizona Real Estate License Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age when applying.
- Obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Disclose any felonies, DUI’s, license disciplinary actions, or judgments against you on your application.
- Complete a 90 hour pre-licensing course through an Arizona Department of Real Estate approved school.
- Pass the pre-licensing course final exam.
- Pass the State Exam
Obtaining an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
The Department of Public Safety (DPS) has application packets available that you must obtain in order to fulfill your fingerprint requirements. You will not be able to apply for a real estate license without submitting fingerprints. These applications are available by calling (602) 223-2279.
Take an Approved Real Estate Pre-licensing Course
90 Hour Pre-Licensing Course
All applicants must take a 90 hour pre-licensing course before applying for an Arizona real estate license. The course must be approved by the Arizona Department of Real Estate. The ADRE provides a list of approved real estate schools online. This course will prepare you to pass the State examination and earn your license.
At the end of your 90 hour pre-licensing course, you will take a final examination. Upon passing this first exam, you will receive a Pre-licensure Education Certificate to show that this requirement has been met. With this certificate in hand, you will be able to apply to take the state examination.
Contract Writing Class
Before applying for your Arizona real estate license, you will need to take a 6 hour Contract Writing class and obtain a certificate of completion. This is a great class that will give you relevant information that will help you succeed in your career as a real estate agent.
Take the Arizona State Real Estate Exam
To schedule an appointment to take the Arizona State Real Estate Exam, you will need to contact Pearson Vue, a private testing center. Exams are given in Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tuscon and Yuma. You will need an appointment to take the exam.
The exam is multiple choice and has two parts. There is a section for National content and a section that is specific to Arizona.
Check with Pearson Vue to find out about the current fee to take the exam.
Submit All Documents and Apply For an Arizona Real Estate License
After passing the Arizona Real Estate Exam, Pearson Vue (the testing company) will issue you the License Application to submit to the state of Arizona. You will need to gather the following documents as they are required for your official application:
- Salesperson Application
- Application fee of $135 (Current fee schedule)
- Original Arizona Exam Score Report
- Pre-license education completion certificate given to you after passing your real estate class
- Proof of legal residence in the State of Arizona
- Disciplinary Actions Disclosure Form (PDF Available)
- Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Certificate of completion for the Contract Writing Course